Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 2013 Birchbox Review

I got my Birchbox yesterday! I'm going to try and start reviewing it monthly if I keep up the subscription.
This is what you see when you first open the box. The card that lists the items in the box.


And when you lift the tissue paper, you see all the items neatly packaged!

First on the list is the COOLA Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face (the blue tube on the right). It is described as "This mineral sublock is infused with organic antiaging ingredients like evening primrose extract and broage seed oil." It smells amazing, a very light scent, and isn't greasy at all. I've been using a little bit in the morning after I wash my face, and it is perfect. I will probably repurchase this once I run out.

On the left is the Marvis Classic Mint Toothpaste. It is described as "a stylish Italian import with an invigorating peppermint flavor." The packaging is cute and it does look nicer than the Colgate or Sensodyne toothpaste tubes littering my sink, but I'm not sure if the packaging and the tingling effect from the mint is worth the extra expense (especially since Colgate has a similar one). I probably won't repurchase this.
Sorry for the lighting on this picture, I've been taking pictures for the blog with my cellphone because the camera is actually really nice and it focuses a lot better than my actual camera (go figure), and I haven't been able to figure out how to avoid casting the shadow. I'm sure there's a simple solution, but I didn't have time. Anyways! This is the Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk. It is described as being "beloved by celebs, this award-winning formula adds tons of texture and helps revive second-day styles." This smells fabulous! And also I am always on the lookout for a dry shampoo that isn't difficult to use and blend in (since most of the time the powder is white and my hair is very black). For this one, so far, so good, although I've only used it once. I'll have to try it more before I decide if I'll repurchase.
On the right is the Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner. Sadly, mine came in black instead of some super cool color, but I guess black is the easiest color to use and match for everybody's eye, so I'll take it. It's described as "inspired by traditional Indian formulas, this velvety liner glides on easily and lasts for hours." Yes, it glides on easily, but it hasn't been lasting for me, only for about two or three hours. I probably won't repurchase this, especially since it retails at $21 for 4 mini pencils, and I can get a full-size NYX pencil for $1, which I know lasts on me. 

On the left is the fancy Acroball pen. Nothing special, although the card tries to boast about the design. 

Overall, I think I might cancel my Birchbox subscription. I haven't been happy with my last few boxes, and I'm not sure it's worth the money. I think I'll wait another month before I bite the bullet and cancel, though. 

I have another nail art design post in the works and some reviews, so keep an eye out! 
Rakuzen


No comments:

Post a Comment